Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A little update :)

On Monday my parents left town. With them went Landon and Logan to "Camp G." So it's just been the 3 of us. Takes us back to 5 years ago when we had just moved to Mobile the first time around, Landon was a newborn, and Dan was just beginning his USCG journey. So much has happened in those 5 years!

Landon was hanging out with Keighan on Sunday

Keegs napping in Mommy's arms
Yesterday afternoon I began to get cabin fever.
We needed a few things from the store so we headed out.
Of course by the time we actually got ready,
lil man fed, etc it was already past 5.
So we also did something we haven't done in a while,
went out to eat!
It was like it was just the two of us again,
except people kept stopping at the table to check out K.
He amazingly slept through the entire dinner, yahoo!
This was the result of me taking him out of his car seat when we got home.
He actually loves his car seat after the first minute of being in it,
he scrunches up and gets comfy and will sack out
{hope I didn't just jinx us there...}
Today we made a quick trip to the base.
We needed to get Keighan enrolled in DEERS and set up with Tricare,
and Dan needed to pick up some stuff from his office.
Every time I dress him I am amazed at how the clothes just swallow him up!
I had to roll these shorts over just so they'd stay up on him!
Decided to try some tummy time
for the first time today.
I was preparing for him to get upset.
Instead he just hung out there for a while.
He'd look around and just seemed so content and happy!


I weighed myself and Keighan today, according to our scale he is right around birth weight again. Yay! We will go to the ped at 2 weeks for an official weight gain check. I'm doing my best to sleep as much as possible. He likes to have marathon feeding sessions in the middle of the night which have been rough. At least right now the house is quiet without the big boys running around so naps are pretty easy to get in.

We can't wait until L1 and L2 come back home. It's taken some adjustment for us to get used to not having them around! Never before have we been home without them. Before when they've stayed with G & Grumpa it was like last summer when we were moving so things were out of whack anyways. Dan is planning on painting their room while they are gone, then we will finally have another room checked off our list as being done. I have the artwork we got from the Strawberry Festival framed and ready to be hung now but have been waiting to get it painted. Just hard to do their room while they are here because of naps, etc. I know they are having a great time though. G has been sending us video updates of them swimming, their new fish, and keeping us in the loop. Just hope they aren't being spoiled too much {although I'm pretty sure it's inevitable that they are!}

No comments:

Post a Comment