Monday, August 22, 2011

Logan's 1st day of preschool!

Logan began 3K today! 

I have to admit, I was a bit worried about it. He's been saying for weeks that he is scared of school, he doesn't want to go, etc. I was really bracing for a rough goodbye.

Right after dropping Landon off at school we headed over to Logan's school. We got there about 30min before school started. I knew it would be hectic since this first week we walk them in (starting next week there is a drop off/pick up line)...I didn't feel like hiking across campus with Keighan in tow like we had to for meet the teacher last week. We hung out in the car, he was still insisting he was scared of school, but oh so happy to be holding his Lightning McQueen lunchbox. He came and sat up in the front seat with me, thankfully Keighan was sleeping so not screaming his head off being in the car seat. We talked and played around in the car for about 15 min then we headed inside.

We were the first ones into his classroom. Miss Carrie remembered him from last Friday and started talking to him. He was telling her how he was scared of school. I had told him I would stay for a while. We then did a potty trip and when we came back to the class there were a few other students in there. Logan said, "look there are more kids!" and he began to happily play. I planned on hanging out in there for a little bit and making sure he didn't totally freak when I left, I was certain it would happen if I left right away. Soon some of the other parents began to trickle out. Logan came up to me and basically pushed me out the door telling me it was time to go! So off Keighan and I went.

 Logan getting ready to head to school.
His Lightning McQueen lunch box {had} to be included.

 My trio!
 His eyes are still a bit irritated.
Last week he was put on drops for pink eye,
at least he's no longer contagious so was good to go for his first day of school.

His stubborn side did come out a little at school.
I asked to take a pic of him and his teacher and he refused,
so this is the best I got!
Tried again at pickup time and again no dice.


When I picked Logan up I was told he had a good day. He was very excited about playing on the playground. They did the kissing hand project just like Landon did on his first day of school last week! I'll have to post pics of those another time. He said he just played with the boys and there was a girl who got in trouble but he was only friends with the boys (including him there are 6 boys and 4 girls in his class). After we got home we weren't talking about school and he just came out with, "School was really great today." Yay! I hope the great attitudes towards school continue for both of my boys this year!

It's hard for me to believe that Logan is the age that Landon was when we lived in Milton and he went to 3K at First Steps Christian Preschool. There we met some great friends with whom I am still in contact with even though we moved away. It's neat to think that Keighan will be able to go to 3K at FUMC just like Logan is since we will still be here!

Landon's 2nd week of school has started off great. He got his first homework of the year--they get some every Monday and it is due on Friday. He was excited to get started on it.

Now my schedule will get hectic until we settle into a routine. I've been up lately before the boys making lunches and snacks so am a bit worn out! Logan will be going to school M-W-F, it's going to be a little weird but nice at the same time just having Keegs to myself on those mornings! Better go get some shut eye while I have the chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment