Tuesday, September 28, 2010

G's Visit

It felt like it took forever for G's visit to finally arrive! A few months ago I noticed Southwest had a Ding! fare for $99 from TPA-CRP for travel in the month of September. I sent her an email with a link to the deal saying maybe she could come out and visit as a birthday present. The Ding! fares are only good for a certain time (usually less than 24 hours). Late that night I got a call from my Dad. For some reason they were having difficulty booking the flight so I did it for her, yay! I wasn't about to tell the boys then...I would have been asked 7,264 times a day for over 2 months when G was coming. I ended up telling them shortly before leaving to go to the airport to get her.


G was actually here over her birthday.
Landon kept telling me he wanted to get her a puzzle (and red lipstick)
for her birthday present.
Well it was perfect timing to spill the beans about #3!
I had a photo of the boys in their "big bro" shirts made into a puzzle.
Of course I couldn't wait after she got here for her to do it,
so it was the first thing we did once we got back to the house.
It took a minute for her to figure it out once the puzzle was together
(I didn't include the pic of what it was)
This was the reaction once she got confirmation that yes,
it meant what she was thinking!
Here is the puzzle
Even with G visiting Landon still had school,
here is his on the bus heading off in the morning!
{well...we did let him play hookie on her last day here,
his teacher said she would do the same!}
After saying by to Landon, we headed back inside.
G and Logan sat down to have some coffee
{yuck}
This is Logan showing his was all gone
[it was a splash of coffee with a way more milk]
Finally! We had some nice weather!
We never get pics of us!
It's not the best but hey, I'll take it.
We went on a family bike ride
Mommy & Logan, Daddy, Landon.
One afternoon G, Dan, and the boys headed down to the pier
(#3 has sucked my energy dry, I was napping!)
There were a lot of people out fishing,
here the boys were checking out a bait bucket.
All hermit crabs!



G and the boys made these cards for us!
As I mentioned earlier,
G's birthday was while she was in town!
We bought a cake from HEB instead of making one,
the boys decorated it with candles.
They were very proud of their masterpiece!
Singing to G.
Umm...who needs a fork?
Well, if Logan didn't use a fork then Landon shouldn't either...right?


It was GREAT having G here! Visits always go way too quickly. Landon was sobbing when we dropped her off (partially due to us never getting her the red lipstick he wanted to buy her, it's on the list to get and ship...and hope it doesn't melt too much!). Not sure when we will get to visit again but we hope it isn't too long! We hope Grumpa can come next time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment